When trying to install openscript some times we see an issue like WebDom Browser Helper installation failed! Failed to unregister OpenScript IEToolbar DLL, as shown in the below image.
Troubleshooting can be done by performing below steps one after the other and it might get resolved at one place:
Click OK and continue the installation, we may see above popup appearing multiple times during the installation process, we just need to click OK and continue to finish the installation process.
- Close all your IE browsers if any are opened.
- Run the uninstall browser helper by executing below command in Command prompt C:\OracleATS\OpenScript\UninstallBrowserHelpers
- Delete the existing folder C:\OracleATS\OpenScript\Oracle IE toolBar
- Reinstall the browser helpers by executing below command in Command Prompt C:\OracleATS\OpenScript\InatallBrowserHelpers
In case this does not help, you can try step 2 and perform re perform step 1.
- Navigate to services panel, give services.msc command in windows run
- Look for Helper service of Oracle Applicaiton Testing Suite
- Open properties window by right clicking on the service and select Log On Tab
- Specify an interactive user who can run the Openscript and Click OK
- Restart service by right clicking the service and selecting the “Restart” menu item.
Note: Repeat the above steps for “Oracle Application Testing Suite Agent Service”
In case if it still doesn’t work final solution would be to reinstall openscript.
Request you to provide your valuable suggestions or feedback in form of comments, In case you have any other issues feel free to ask in form of comments, I would try my best to provide the troubleshooting steps.