Oracle had released Oracle Application Testing Suite 22.214.171.124 in the month of August 2016, i.e. just before Oracle Open World @ San Francisco.
As any other releases, it comprises of new features and updates, the following article would give you the insights of the same.
New Features & Updates on Oracle Functional testing perspective
- Now OpenScript can record on playback scripts on Google Chrome browser, the version should be either 33 or above. Until this release, OpenScript was only capable to playback existing scripts / pre recorded scripts.
- You can now playback pre recorded or exisitng scriptsof web and ADF based applications in Safari Browser Simulator @ Mac OS. This has brought a new direction completely which many users were looking for from a quite a good time.
New Features & Updates on Oracle Test Manager or Administrator perspective
- Execution Queue – Till today if we execute tests in Oracle Test Manager ( OTM ), they were handled by the agent system of OTM, now it has been enhanced by bringing in Execution Queue system, i.e. when multiple testers execute Openscript tests using the Oralce Test Managers’s Agent system, the execution requests would be queued until the agent system resources are available.
- Oracle Application Test Suite Administrator includes additional LDAP properties for specifying group and user attributes in the Setup LDAP Configuration for use with OTM. This configuration replaces the ldap.properties file requirements.
New Features & Updates on Oracle Load Testing perspective
- Updated reporting using Application Development Framework(ADF) – based graphs are included.
New Features & Updates on Installation / Environment’s perspective
- OATS now works with 64 bit JDK on Windows 64 bit Operating System.
- OATS got upgraded to work with Oracle WebLogic server 12c (12.1.3).
Other Announcements as part of OATS 126.96.36.199.0 release
- OATS planned to end support for Internet Explorer 10.x in future release, which means you might have to upgrade your Internet Explorer versions at your environments to higher than 10.x
Courtesy: The above content had been collected from the release notes of OATS 188.8.131.52.0 documentation.