Assuming that you are aware of triggering OATS test automation script execution in Oracle Test Manager, in a specific associated system. The system which you might have added @ Oracle Test Manager’s Tools>Systems menu => Add option.
In the initial stages of building the scripts and want to make sure that everything is working fine, i.e. a dry run, you would surely want to view the entire execution once especially when a new system is added or if OTM is freshly configured for the test automation project.
So now, lets see the 3 simple configuration steps that you need to perform
- Stop OATS Agent Service in the system where you want to view the script execution.
- Run the Agent Service Command in Command Prompt
- Logout & Login out of Oracle Test Manager
Lets see how to perform each of the above and trigger the execution.
1. Stop OATS Agent Service in the system where you want to view the script execution.
- Open windows run command window & type “services.msc” and press enter.
- Search for “Oracle ATS Agent” select “Stop” option in the context menu(right click) and wait till the service is stopped completely.
2. Run the Agent Service Command in Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt and execute below command
C:\OracleATS\agentmanager\bin\AgentManagerService.exe -c C:\OracleATS\agentmanager\bin\AgentManagerService.conf
- Wait for the service to start completely.
3. Finally Logout and Login Oracle Test Manager
Now you need to navigate to tests tab and trigger execution of the desired script by selecting the machine in which above configurations are available.
By doing above mentioned steps, you are telling OATS that do not start any interactive desktop ( where the execution is triggered by default ) option but trigger the execution directly in the machine / system it self.
Please do revert to us in case of any queries through the comments, we would be more than happy to help.